Comprehensive Eyecare Solution in Fort Collins, CO
When it comes to a routine eye exam, each age group is different:
- Children generally need an exam every two years until they’re 18.
- Adults should have annual exams because eyes deal with greater risks as they age.
Certain conditions, such as a family history of eye disease, developmental delays, or crossed eyes mean that a child’s eyes need more frequent care. As for adults, a history of eye disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, or an occupation that strains the eyes may require more frequent medical eye exams.
In addition to these routine exams, you should get an exam as quickly as possible if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- You have itchy, red, and irritated eyes.
- You see flashing lights, floaters, or spots in your vision.
- You have difficulty driving or seeing signs in the dark.
- You hold books farther away or squint more to try to read them clearly.
- You notice any change in your vision.
Eyes are delicate, so pay attention to your vision and come into 20/20 Vision Center for professional eye care if you notice any issues.